We are looking for an experienced Program Coordinator with a passion for social good and emerging digital technologies to join our small team, based in Melbourne.
Primarily working under the Text Giving program the Program Coordinator will contribute significantly to the successful launch and operation of this new fundraising channel to Australian Charities and the Australian public.
The Text Giving Program follows on from a 24 month pilot period, whereby 20 Australian Charities utilised the technology to assist in the evaluation of the program functionality from a donor, charity and carrier viewpoint. Based on the findings of the Pilot, the Telco Together Foundation, in collaboration with Telstra, Optus and Vodafone Australia have developed a program allowing for mobile charitable giving (PSMS donation) functionality with up to 500 registered Australian charities. The program will launch in April/May 2018.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, and working as part of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Recruitment, approval and successful on-boarding of up to 500 Australian charities per year to the Text Giving Program
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the program’s success and limitations to inform the future development of the program
- Assist in promoting the overall PSMS Text Giving program/platform to the Australian public and Australian Charities
- Provide individual charity guidance in the use of Text Giving
- Facilitate interaction and forums for fundraising/marketing agencies and broadcast partners to engage with text giving
- Briefing content to the digital manager on Text Giving for Telco Together websites and online social media channels, including digital assets such as video, images and other content
- Ongoing reporting of performance and program management activities, and assessment against goals and KPIs
- Working with the Operations Manager to manage all administrative accounts associated with the delivery of the Text Giving Program
- Assist the team with special projects and events as required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent experience in relevant business discipline – project management, fundraising, sales
- Ability to influence, build and maintain relationships with a diverse and dispersed range of internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of current and emerging fundraising environment and best practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficient IT skills
- Team player with a collaborative and can-do attitude
- Passion for helping people in need and working in the not for profit sector
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume, with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Telco Together Foundation
Launched in July 2012, Telco Together Foundation is a registered charity that brings together the telecommunications industry in support of Australian communities in need. The core focus of the Foundation’s work is the development of community projects that build on the technology, reach and capabilities of the telecommunications industry to support the not for profit sector of Australia, as well as promoting fundraising, volunteering and workplace giving across member organisations.
Telco Together raises additional dedicated funds for disadvantaged communities in Australia for our community partners who operate effective community programs across the areas of Indigenous communities, homelessness and food security, mental health, and youth unemployment and disadvantage.
Our 23 members of the Foundation include Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, NBN Co, Vocus Group, iiNet, Cisco, Nokia and 15 other ICT organisations and is governed by an Advisory Board that has Executive Officer level representation from members.