Position Title: Marketing & Program Manager – Small Change Big Change (SCBC)
Location: Melbourne CBD
Hours: 24 hours per week
Reports To: General Manager
About Telco Together Foundation
Launched in July 2012, Telco Together Foundation (TTF) is a registered charity that brings together the telecommunications industry in support of Australian communities in need. The core focus of the Foundation’s work is the development of community projects that build on the technology, reach and capabilities of the telecommunications industry to support the not for profit sector of Australia, as well as promoting fundraising, volunteering and workplace giving across member organisations.
Telco Together raises funds for disadvantaged communities in Australia, with a focus on youth education and mental health, Indigenous education and health, and food security. Members of the Foundation include Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, NBN Co, Vocus Group, Aussie Broadband, Cisco, Nokia, and other ICT companies.
Small Change Big Change (SCBC), is the name for the fund raising initiatives undertaken by Telco Together Foundation (TTF), including:
- On Bill Donation
- Work Place giving
- Skills Exchange
TTF is working to review our brand, cause strategy, and narrative for SCBC. This will form the basis for what the Marketing Program Manager develops.
The Marketing Manager – SCBC will be responsible for all brand development, messaging and promotion involving all SCBC initiatives, with the expected outcome of increasing awareness of these programs within our members management and staff, to drive a greater up take. Further to this, you will be responsible for driving awareness of SCBC and the cause initiatives that it stands for at a consumer level, with the desired outcome of proactive up take up to donate. The long term goal is to build a consumer aware brand.
You will be expected to be able to provide input into the programs to ensure that we are providing the best possible opportunities for our members and TTF. You will work closely with TTF team, particularly the Digital Coordinator, and our members when promoting and on-boarding members who take up new SCBC initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver marketing plans for promotion of SCBC in line with TTF strategic initiatives, including brand development, in conjunction with General Manager.
- Develop marketing plans and initiatives to create brand recognition at a consumer level
- Work closely with General Manager and Operations Manager to develop and deliver the SCBC message, including collateral, presentation material, promotion, advertising, trade shows, social media, etc.
- Design and coordinate SCBC promotional activities that support member organisations objectives
- Liaise with member senior management representatives to identify key objectives
- Document and present proposals to a range of audiences within members
- Oversee the development of all program elements and communications plans, including digital elements, for members
- Work closely with members when rolling out new SCBC initiatives to ensure a successful launch
- Continue to work with members on promoting the SCBC initiatives to drive success
- Monitor and review SCBC campaigns and report results and effectiveness to General Manager
- Assist with planning and executing fundraising activities and Foundation events, including presenting on the Foundation, and promotion of these activities
- Other projects and tasks necessary for the successful execution of the Foundation’s strategic initiatives, as agreed with the General Manager.
First 3 months:
- Develop and implement plan to drive the cause awareness and SCBC awareness based
- Review appropriateness of SCBC offering and provide feedback
- Create a web site presence for SCBC either own web site or on TTF
- Develop Social media identity
- On board SCBC initiatives with 2 new or existing members
- Review SCBC campaign and adjust where necessary
- Create and present plans for Consumer Brand Awareness
- Develop any approved recommendations for SCBC offering Review
6 – 12 months:
- On board SCBC initiatives with a further 2 new or existing members
- Have measurable greater penetration and awareness of SCBC initiatives within member base
- Deliver agreed Consumer Brand Awareness campaign
- Have measurable brand awareness at a consumer level
Have a background in non-profit or corporate community engagement and have experience in similar Marketing Program management roles in those sectors. You will also have:
- Degree Qualification in Marketing
- Telecommunications or ICT Industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing Marketing programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop a brand strategy
- Proven ability to develop relationships across a broad range of stakeholders
- Proven ability as a strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Experience in managing projects against agreed timelines and deliverables
- Ability to work in a small team environment
Application close 16th August, applications may closer sooner if a suitable applicant is found. Only applicants that are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.