Seeking Expressions Of Interest For 2017 Text Giving Pilot Extension
15 of Australia’s leading charities have already embraced Text Giving as a way to engage donors and we are currently inviting Expressions of Interest from other charities interested in taking part.
Up to five additional charities will be selected for the pilot which has been extended to October 2017. We aim to trial a mix of large and small charity campaigns, emergency relief appeals, event-based campaigns and existing appeals with a strong media presence.
Charity Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for participation in the pilot, charities must;
- Hold and maintain Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status for the duration of the pilot
- Hold and maintain relevant state-based Fundraising Licences
- Be able to provide a customer helpline from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday throughout the campaign period (regulatory requirement for PSMS content providers)
- Have a minimum $1,000,000 total revenue
Responsibilities of Participating Charities
Charities selected to participate in the pilot will be required to;
- Work with the pilot’s SMS aggregator, Open Market, to ensure their campaign materials and SMS message flows comply with applicable regulation for PSMS content providers
- Be responsible for all promotion and marketing of this fundraising channel
- Agree to take part in the pilot program review at the conclusion of their campaign.
- Agree to a setup fee in addition management costs which will be 1% of donation revenue.
To submit your expression of interest, complete the following two steps;
Key dates for the program are as follows;
- Submissions due: midnight Friday 5 May 2017
- Successful charities notified: Monday 15 May 2017
- Charity campaigns to be in market prior to Text Giving pilot completion, October 2017
For any questions regarding this request for expression of interest, please email Telco Together;
Click here to see participating charities
Click here to see how Text Giving works